Dr. Vikas Yadav
October 27, 2021, 4:10:54 PM
Quiz - 01
1. The geometry of XeF6 molecule and the hybridization of Xe atom in the molecule is:
(a) Distorted octahedral and sp3d3
(b) Square planar and sp3d2
(c) Pyramidal and sp3
(d) Octahedral and sp3d3
2. The minimum bond angle in hydrides of group 16 elements is in:
3. The tendency of group 16 elements to form catenated compounds is greatest in case of:
4. Which of the following has lowest reducing character?
5. Which of the following mainly exhibits (– 2) oxidation state?
6. Oxygen molecule is:
7. The halogen with highest electron affinity:
8. The halide ion easiest to oxidise is:
9. Aqua regia is a mixture of:
(a) Conc. HNO3 and conc. H2SO4
(b) Conc. HCl and conc. H2SO4 in the ratio of 3 : 1
(c) Conc. HCl and conc. HNO3 in the ratio of 3 : 1
(d) None of these
10. Tailing of mercury is due to the formation of:
11. Which one is called oleum?
(a) Liq. NH3
(b) H2SO4 + SO3
(c) Conc. HNO3
(d) Dilute solution of H2O2
12. The high viscosity and high boiling point of HF is due to:
(a) Low dissociation energy of F2 molecule
(b) Associated nature due to hydrogen bonding
(c) Ionic character of HF
(d) High electronegativity of fluorine
13. The oxo-acid of halogen with maximum acidic character is:
14. In XeF2, Xenon involves the hybridisation:
15. Which one of the following displaces bromine form an aqueous solution of bromine?
16. When SO2 gas is passed through acidified K2Cr2O7 solution, the colour of the solution changes to:
17. Which of the following reagent does not give O2 gas on reaction with ozone?
(b) SnCl2 /HCl
(c) FeSO4 /H2SO4
18. XeF2 molecule is:
(a) Trigonal planar
(b) Square planar
19. What is the valence shell electronic configuration of p-block elements?
(b) ns2 np1–5
(c) ns2 np1–6
(d) None of these
20. Group 16 elements have lower value of first ionisation enthalpy as compared to group 15 elements because:
(a) Half-filled p-orbitals in group 15 elements are more stable.
(b) Group 16 elements have smaller size than group 15 elements.
(c) Group 16 elements contain double bond while group 15 elements have triple bond.
(d) Group 16 elements have more number of electrons in p-orbitals.