Dr. Vikas Yadav
November 3, 2021 at 6:07:03 AM
QUIZ - 01
1. Biomolecules are
(a) aldehydes and ketones
(b) acids and esters
(c) carbohydrates, proteins and fats
(d) alcohols and phenols
2. Which of the following is a disaccharide?
3. The sugar that is characteristic of milk is
4. Which one is a disaccharide?
5. Which of the following monosaccharide is pentose?
6. The commonest disaccharide has the molecular formula
7. Monosaccharides usually contains ... carbon atoms.
(a) C3 to C10
(b) C1 to C6
(c) C4 to C10
(d) C5 to C8
8. Which one of the following compounds is found abundantly in nature?
9. A carbohydrate that cannot be hydrolysed into simpler units is called
10. Which of the following statements is incorrect?
(a) Maltose gives two molecules of glucose only.
(b) Cellulose and sucrose are polysaccharide.
(c) Polysaccharides are not sweet in taste.
(d) Polysaccharides are also known as non-sugars.
11. Reducing sugars reduce.
(a) Only Fehling’s solution
(b) Only Tollen’s solution.
(c) Both (a) & (b)
(d) Neither (a) nor (b)
12. Which among the following is the simplest sugar?
(d) None of these
13. Glucose can’t be classified as
14. Which of the following has not a glucosidic linkage?
15. Which of the following gives positive Fehling solution test?
16. Which of the following statements is incorrect regarding glucose?
(a) It is an aldohexose.
(b) It is also known as dextrose
(c) It is monomer of cellulose.
(d) It is the least abundant organic compound on earth.
17. Glucose gives silver mirror test with Tollen’s reagent. It shows the presence of
(a) Acidic group
(b) Alcoholic group
(c) Ketonic group
(d) Aldehyde group
18. The symbols D and L represents
(a) The optical activity of compounds.
(b) The relative configuration of a particular stereoisomer.
(c) The dextrorotatory nature of molecule.
(d) The laevorotatory nature of molecule
19. Glucose reacts with acetic anhydride to form
20. The function of glucose is to
(a) Provides energy
(b) Promote growth
(c) Prevent diseases
(d) Perform all above